KATHMANDU 13 March 2020: The Government of Nepal department of Immigration has published the latest updated urgent notice regarding the Travel Restriction Related to Covid-19 on 13th March 2020.
Considering the declaration of world Health Organization (WHO) regarding the scale of COVID-19 spread as global pandemic, following the recommendations and counter measures to be taken by the countries to cope with the pandemic and assimilating the International Health Regulation (IHR) 2005. Protocols and Prescriptions; Government of Nepal has decided to enforce the following decisions, directions, and precautionary measures in sup plantation of all the earlier notices issued on this subject. The provisions enlisted in this notice will come into effect from twelve hours midnight (Nepal Standard Time) on 14th March 2020 till 30th April 2020.
- Visa-on-arrival for all foreigners has been suspended for aforementioned period.
- All foreigners with a prior valid visa of Nepal have to submit a swab test PCR health certificate issued maximum 7 days before their arrival date to Nepal and must be submitted at the immigration office Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
- Any foreign nationals including NRNs willing to visit Nepal for compelling reasons may contact to Nepal diplomatic missions A recent swab test PCR health certificate issued maximum 7 days before their arrival to Nepal is mandatory along with visa application and it has to be submitted at the immigration office TIA.
- On-arrival-visa (Gratis) facility granted to Non-Resident Nepalese card holders is also suspended for the aforementioned period.
- All foreign nationals entering Nepal since 14th March 2020 are subjected to stay in Self Quarantine and Nepali nationals including NRNs are subjected to stay in Home Quarantine for 14 days from the date of their arrival.
- Foreigners with diplomatic and official visa entering Nepal for the first time or traveling back to Nepal are subjected to stay in Self Quarantine for 14
- Foreigners with Business, study and working visa traveling back to Nepal are subjected to stay in self Quarantine for 14 days.
- All Nepali nationals residing abroad are requested to avoid non-essential travel and are urged to follow high precautionary
- All the land ports of entry in Nepal remain closed for arrival in Nepal during the aforementioned period to the foreigners from third countries and are requested to use Tribhuvan International Airport
- All the permits for mountaineering expeditions issued, and to be issued for “spring 2020 season” are suspended.
The diplomatic missions of Nepal representing abroad and foreign missions in Nepal are requested to acknowledge and circulate this notice accordingly. The international airlines operators bound to Nepal, travel & tour operators are also requested to follow the aforementioned decisions, directions and relevant circulars of Government of Nepal.
Note: The diplomatic missions of Nepal abroad and the foreign missions in Nepal will be notified in purview of this notice shortly through Department of Consular Services.
Overall, staying safe and alive is the primary concern around the globe.
We pray and wish all our friends globally stay safe.