Dear Respected Guests,
With the COVID-19 pandemic resulting in isolation or incomplete lockdown of countries, the current situation has been challenging globally. Of course, the tourism industry is no exception, and has been largely impacted by the corona virus disaster. For Higher Limits Trek & Expedition, it’s a similar story too because we have seen a spike in trip cancellations in the last few weeks. As a preventive measure, our country Nepal has banned on arrival tourist visas for all countries until June 30, 2020, plus travelers need to stay in self isolation for 14 days upon entering Nepal at any time until June 30. Considering this, our highest priority is the safety and health of our clients and staffs. With this in mind, I would like to share the current actions we are taking to help you, take informed decisions when traveling with us.
We request you to postpone the trip instead of cancelling:
In response to this challenging moment due to COVID-19 which is beyond anyone’s control, we have made it easier for you to postpone the trip if you have already booked with us. We are providing free rescheduling options to all our guests. We request you to support us in this if at all possible, because as you can imagine, the financial implications for us are massive. If you wish to postpone the trip, you don’t need to confirm new dates now and you may travel anytime within the next 5 years (2025) without any additional charge. This means the payments you have already made stay safe with us and you can re-book the trip at a later date instead of cancelling now and without losing the deposit.
Informed you about our refund policy:
Due to the lots of request, we look for your understanding as it may take longer than usual to provide you a refund due to strict financial policy of Nepal’s government. Usually, the fund transfer process outside of the country takes a long time (more than a month) as we need to arrange all documents and take authorization from the Central Bank of Nepal. That’s why, we encourage you to postpone the trip and use the balance in the future. The balance can be used later as five years from the time of rescheduling. Along with time, the price of flights, hotels, guides and porters etc. could increase but there would be no extra cost to you.
We are committed to providing you the possible options and “Experience the Difference” when traveling with us:
I want you to be ready, stay alert and study the trends as this is an unparalleled situation. We are not sure what the consequences are going to be happening, but we know our services and always look forward to supporting your needs. You are allowable to choose travel dates and reschedule freely as per your choice with our flexible travel options. On the other hand, if refund is your only priority, we will start the transfer process. It won’t happen now considering the current situation as the banks are not in proper operation. Once the COVID-19 situation is stable and under control which may take some time, we will get back to you and start the process to go through the bank from our side. Please be tolerant. Last but not least, my thoughts are with our guest and business partner to stay safe in your destination and avoid panic. I hope that you are optimistic, flexible and positive about long term implications even in these undecided times.
I have a great hope to see you in the near future in the land of the beautiful Himalayas.
Best Wishes and Namaste!
Higher Limits Trek & Expedition